Congrats to the lovely couple! They have two little girls, Romy and Cosima, and there were rumours that they were already married but now they're making it official surrounded by their family and closest friends. So happy for them!
Friday, June 3, 2011
Monday, May 16, 2011
On May 14 Sofia turned 40!! So happy bday to our favourite filmmaker with a precious recopilation of images from her films, thanks for the video M!!♥
Tuesday, May 10, 2011
New candids of Sofia with her girls Romy and Cosima in New York! Look at the three ladies, Romy sure loves pink! and baby Cosima looks so much like her big sister when she was a baby, awww. They both have took after their daddy Thomas and it's cute to see these new pics.
Tuesday, May 3, 2011
As usual, Sofia was yesterday night at the MET! She looked so stunning with this look and obviously in black! I couldn't Id the dress but I'm guessing Marc Jacobs or Louis Vuitton.
About the news of an upcoming movie with Kirsten Dunst, those reports are false :´( From The Playlist:
Tuesday, April 19, 2011
Sofia is posing with the new Louis Vuitton collection she has designed, I'm loving this pic!
There's no new news but here's a really interesting video interview about her career, what inspires her to write her scrips, the music she puts in movies and her dad's advice as a filmmaker:
Tuesday, March 29, 2011
Since there are no new Sofia news, I will continue with the movie trivia:
- This movie was going to be produced before 'Lost in Translation' (2003), but while Sofia was writing the screenplay struggling with historical truth and an imposing gallery of characters, she started creating another story in order to distract herself from the difficult enterprise. This parallel project - a small Japanese story - became 'Lost in Translation', whose planetary success revamped the 'Marie-Antoinette' production.
- Ladurée was chosen by Sofia Coppola to make all of the brightly colored pastries and cakes for the film.
- Sofia had originally wanted Angelina Jolie for the role of Madame Du Barry, but turned it down to star in 'The Good Sheperd', then Catherine Zeta-Jones was considered. The role eventually went to Asia Argento.
- Jason Schwartzman, who plays King Louis XVI, is Sofia's cousin.
- Was ranked #3 on US Weekly's "Top Ten Films of 2006".
- The men playing guitars in the scene with a woman signing for Marie are members of the group Phoenix, the lead singer of which is dating Sofia and is father of her daughters Romy and Cosima.