Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Sofia for Louis Vuitton debuts in Tokyo

"To start with I wanted to make a bag for myself and then we talked about making a little capsule collection. My friends and I are always searching for the perfect day bag. It fits all your things but isn’t too big and isn’t too heavy. I wanted a bag that I could use every day that was coming from the heritage of Louis Vuitton’s great leather goods, not connected to the fashion side of the brand."

The fruit of that labor, the SC Bag (1st pic), comes in four versions: one in dark gray suede, two in navy blue or burgundy calf leather and one in LV’s signature monogram canvas. For evening, Coppola designed four compact clutches (2nd pic) with buckles resembling the locks on Vuitton’s classic trunks.

The filmmaker also channeled the Seventies when she designed her take on the peep-toe wedge sandal: "A heel you can really wear all night and it’s comfortable but still looks chic. I travel a lot and when you travel, you don’t want to bring 10 pairs of shoes."

So what do you think of Sofia as a designer? Maybe the collection is a little bit conservative but that defines her style, classy but with some modern touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment