Sunday, February 13, 2011

somewhere

I've been a little absent but I've got exciting news, I finally watched 'Somewhere'!!!

First of all, I can see how it's being compared to 'Lost in Translation' so much, it has very similar scenes and details but the tone in 'Somewhere' it's totally different. It follows more the line and style of 'Marie Antoinette', especially of MA's last scenes, so if you liked MA you will sure love this new film.

'Somewhere' is a journey of contemplation and leaves the images to speak for themselves, it hasn't got great dialogues or anything but it's reading between lines what makes it special and what will touch anyone who loves those types of movies. Stephen Dorff is amazing on it, he really carries the whole movie and Elle Fanning is simply delicious to look at, their scenes together are the best thing.

I don't want to say anything more in case I might spoil it to anyone but if you have seen it don't doubt to tell me what you thought of it.

3 comments:

  1. ugh, it kills me that they haven't released it here in spain yet!! thanks for not spoiling, though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i cant wait to watch this!
    i love your blog so much!!

    look i change the name of my blog i just let u know... http://cinemaissue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sound great but I think that I won't understand it if it has to be red between lines, I'm so bad at it! hahaha
    xx

    ReplyDelete