Sunday, May 30, 2010

Lost in Translation - trivia (I)

- Filmed in 27 days.

- Sofia wrote the lead role specifically for Bill Murray, and later said that if Murray turned it down, she wouldn't have done the movie.

- The inspiration for having Bob Harris do a Suntory whisky commercial was partially inspired by the fact that Sofia Coppola's father, Francis Ford Coppola, made a real Suntory commercial with Akira Kurosawa in the 1970s.

- In many other countries, the title also got lost in translation. The title in Portuguese translates as "Love is a Strange Place". The title in Polish translates as "In Between Words". The film's title in South America, in China and in Israel all mean "Lost in Tokyo".

- Bill Murray's favourite film of his own

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know that Francis has done a Suntory ad with Kurosawa, that's a funny thing. And I love this picture of Sofia and Bill, and I agree with him, this is my favorite film from his career.

    kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew she made the role specially for Bil, what I didn't knew is what would happen if he turned it out. These trivia make me learn even more about this amazing film.

    ReplyDelete